· Name: Brian Callahan
· Hometown: Morris Plains, NJ
· Weight Class: Currently 242 Lb Class, have progressed from 181 Lb Class up to 242Lb Class over 20 years of Competing. For those of you not gifted with amazing genetics I would heartily recommend steady weight gain, and the resulting improved leverages, as the best path to Powerlifting success. Just keep up with the cardio as overall health is at least as important as Powerlifting success.
· Age: 42 as of August 21st 2005
· Began Powerlifting: Training in the 1983, Competing in 1985. Learned the sport from NJ Master's legend, and former IPF Master's World Record holder, Jules "Butch" Pellegrino at the Belmont Barbell Club. Belmont Barbell was founded back in the 1950's by NJ Bodybuilding pioneer Len Bosland, before being taken over by Butch in the 1970's, and was a major hotbed for all NJ lifting sports for many years afterwards. I currently train at Pro Fitness in Rockaway, NJ with such NJ lifting luminaries as Bill Clayton, Jerry Dally, and a couple of "young up and comers" named Benemerito :-).
· Interests: Travel, Genealogy, and GOOD Beer (Not necessarily in that order).
· Sponsors: None at present.
· Best Competition Lifts: 181 - 550 SQ, 340 BP, 540 DL, 1430 Total; 198 - 639 SQ, 375 BP, 590 DL, 1600 Total; 220 - 644 SQ, 418 BP, 628 DL, 1686 Total; 242 - 688 SQ, 462 BP, 683 DL, 1808 Total.
· Titles: 2004 USAPL M1 Masters National Champion - 242 Lb. Class, 2004 IPF M1 Masters World Champion - 242Lb. Class