Applications, course schedules, course descriptions, and resume template at button links below.Home Certification Apps Certification Levels Powerlifting Resume Upcoming Clinics
The following three USAPL Coaching Certification levels are offered:
- Club Coach
- coaching novice to state level lifters, club team coach
- Basic human anatomy and physiology
- Biomechanical aspects of human movement
- Exercise descriptions and movement performance
- Rules of performance (squat, bench press, deadlift)
- Basic review of USAPL & IPF Technical Rules
- Methodology, principles, and theories of meet preparation and strength training
- Evaluation of performance
- Senior National
Coach - coaching state to national level lifters,
national team coach, and assistant coach at international
- All topics listed for Club Coach
- More thorough review of USAPL & IPF Technical Rules
- National team and meet management & strategy
- Advanced meet preparation and training
- Roles and responsibilities of an assistant coach at international events
- Senior International
Coach - coaching national to international
level lifters and teams, international team assistant &
- All topics listed for Club & Senior National Coach
- Intense examination and review of USAPL & IPF Technical Rules
- Drug testing parameters and protocol
- International team and meet management & strategy
- Roles and responsibilities of the head and assistant coaches at international events
Additional Course Details
- Courses may be structured as one or two-day seminars held at various locations and national meets throughout the year. Courses may be scheduled at any location for parties of 10 or more.
- Course materials are comprised of articles, USAPL & IPF technical rulebooks, and texts approved by the Coaching Committee.
- Coaches with previous experience may start at the next coaching level. World team head coaching experience may allow a coach to start at the Senior International level.
Want to host a Certification Clinic in your town?
We require 8-10 confirmed participants and a venue to host.
The venue needs to accommodate both the classroom and practical
For more information please contact Matt Gary at (301) 231-7778 or at MLGary72@gmail.com.