Tag #USAPowerliftingRegionals and #USAPowerlifting
- Only USA Powerlifting state members within the Region can compete in their designated Regionals. Guest lifters (i.e., lifters from a state outside of the region) are allowed but they will not be eligible for awards. Guest lifters may set state and American records and may earn a qualifying total for a national meet. Guest lifters are subject to all normal rules of competition and must meet the same qualifying criteria to enter the meet.
- The QT for Regionals is 75kg. The QT must have been achieved at a USA Powerlifting sanctioned 3-lift meet since January 1 of the previous year. For example a 75kg total set on or after January 1, 2022 will qualify you for 2023 Regionals.
- Top 3 placings in any division that requires a qualifying total at Raw Nationals and Equipped Nationals will be awarded a +50kg handicap that will be applied to their total. The total achieved at Regionals plus the +50kg handicap must be equal to or greater than the Qualifying Total (QT) for the Raw/Equipped National meet that the lifter enters.
- American Records can be set at Regionals providing there are 3 National Referees available.
- Regionals are qualifiers for Raw/Equipped Nationals – only open and age divisions are allowed. Only full meet, 3-lift competition is allowed.
- All equipment is allowed as long as it meets USA Powerlifting technical standards.
- Access to the warmup area and the coaching area at all USA Powerlifting sanctioned Regional and National events is restricted to USA Powerlifting members in good standing. This applies to athletes, officials, referees, and coaches.
- Registration for all regions will open on February 1, 2023
- The entry deadline is 4 weeks out from the start of each Regional.