Tag #USAPowerliftingRegionals and #USAPowerlifting
- Only USA Powerlifting state members within the Region can compete in their designated Regionals. Guest lifters (i.e., lifters from a state outside of the region) are allowed but they will not be eligible for awards. Guest lifters may set state and American records and may earn a qualifying total for a national meet. Guest lifters are subject to all normal rules of competition and must meet the same qualifying criteria to enter the meet.
- Top 3 placings in any division that requires a qualifying total at Raw Nationals and Open Nationals will be awarded a +50kg handicap that will be applied to their total. The total achieved at Regionals plus the +50kg handicap must be equal to or greater than the Qualifying Total (QT) for the Raw/Open National meet that the lifter enters.
- The QT for Regionals is 75kg. The QT must have been achieved at a USA Powerlifting sanctioned 3-lift meet since January 1 of the previous year.
- 2020 Regionals will be consolidated into 4 Regions.
- American Records can be set at Regionals providing there are 3 National Referees available.
- Regionals are qualifiers for Raw/Open Nationals – only open and age divisions are allowed. Only full meet, 3-lift competition is allowed.
- All equipment is allowed as long as it meets USA Powerlifting technical standards.
- Access to the warmup area and the coaching area at all USA Powerlifting sanctioned Regional and National events is restricted to USA Powerlifting members in good standing. This applies to athletes, officials, referees, and coaches.
- Registration for all regions will open on Friday, February 1, 2020
- The entry deadline is 4 weeks out from the start of each Regional.
Make sure you view the map above to locate the state your current USA Powerlifting membership card shows. If you’re ready to register, select the appropriate Regional registration link under the Regional Links list located to the left. Once selected you will be taken to that specific registration form.
Northeast: July 11-12, 2020
Southe: August 1-2, 2020
Midwest: August 21-23, 2020
West: June 27028, 2020