*For further questions, please email the Collegiate Committee – firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is eligible for The Collegiate National Championships?
Students must be under the age of 26 at the start of the competition.
To be academically eligible, one must meet the following standards:
1) The student must be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year higher education institution.
2) The student must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution. This is determined by what his or her particular university considers full-time enrollment.
3) The student must be in good academic standing at the institution (Must not be on academic probation).
I’m graduating in the Spring semester/quarter and taking below the number of credits to be considered full-time. Can I still compete?
Graduating students will be eligible, as long as they are taking the amount of courses they need to graduate in the upcoming quarter/semester. However, most universities consider students in this situation full-time. Please check with your university to verify this.
I am in a cooperative education program and it requires me to be part-time. Am I eligible?
Students who are part-time due to enrollment in a university cooperative education program may be eligible to compete. Official Documentation to verify the student enrollment in a university cooperative education program is required at the time of Enrollment Verification.
What documents will I need to submit to verify collegiate eligibility?
These are the most common ways to show proof of eligibility.
1) Generate Enrollment Verification through the National Student Clearinghouse.
Step 1: Visit https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/students/
Step 2: Under “Verifications”, click the “Verify Now” Box.
Step 3: Complete the Verification Form.
Step 4: Submit the Enrollment Verification .pdf through the Jotform.
*All Universities are required to submit data through the National Student Clearinghouse. To gain information on how to receive enrollment verification, speak with the office of the registrar at your college/university.
2) Official Transcript: Submit an official transcript from the Office of the Registrar of your college/university.
3) Team/Bulk Documentation: This option is great for larger teams. The Office of the Registrar in most colleges and universities can provide this information in one document. Ask your Registrar if they are able to provide a document indicating that the student’s listed in the document are “full time and in good standing with the university.”
Timeline of Registration Events
USAPL Official Club Recognition
Nov. 1 -Earliest date for Colleges/Universities to renew/register their club membership with USA Powerlifting.
*This step must be completed before entering teams for the Collegiate Championships
Team Memberships can be renewed HERE
January 2 – Team Entry for All Divisions of the Collegiate Championships open.
March 7 – Deadline to register for any division of the team competition.
Divisions: Men’s – Equipped; Men’s – Raw; Women’s – Equipped; Women’s – Raw
February 1 – Registration Opens for All Lifters
March 11 – Deadline for Lifter Registration $179 registration fee (A7 shirt included with purchase)
Lifter Capacity (soft cap) – 1350
*If lifter capacity is reached, registration will close before the March 11 deadline.
**No refunds will be granted. Therefore, we highly encourage that you achieve the appropriate QT and ensure that you will meet the Academic Eligibility Requirements prior to completing registration.
March 29 – Deadline to Change Weight Classes
March 3 – Preliminary Team Scoring Rosters Due.
*Preliminary rosters will be used to verify Qualifying Totals are met for lifters on a scoring roster.
April 4 – Final day to make substitutions/changes to scoring roster.
Academic Eligibility Verification:
February 27 – Academic Enrollment Verification Opens
April 4 – Academic Enrollment Verification Closes