Bids are now being accepted for the new USA Powerlifting Region events for 2016. coque kylie jenner iphone 8
Regional High-level Summary:
- 8 Regions
- Regionals held October-November
- Only States within the Region can compete in their designated Regionals
- Regionals will be designated as ‘National’ level meets but state referees will be allowed to judge (as we now do with the American Open)
- A Jury of National Referees will be optional, but highly recommended for 2016. (Juries will be mandatory at all Regionals, beginning 2017)
- Regionals will serve as qualifiers for Raw Nationals and NAPF Regionals
- Top 2 placings in the Open class will automatically qualify for Nationals, regardless of whether they meet the qualifying total or not.
- Elite lifters who have already qualified for Nationals can compete at Regionals only as a guest lifter
- To compete at a Regional meet, the lifter must have competed at least one other USA Powerlifting meet on or after January 1 of the previous year (no qualifying total is necessary)
Bid application deadlines and award dates:
- Regional Bid Application
- Bids to be sent electronically to National Office by March 5, 2016*
- Presentation of bids will be reviewed by the Regional Committee
- Regional Committee Chair to present to Executive Committee
- Bids to be awarded no later than March 25, 2016
*Bids will not be taken for the Central Region for 2016 as USA Powerlifting will be running a joint meet with USAW.
The introduction of Regionals to USA Powerlifting will be a three  year process to full implementation.
Year 1 (2016)
The first year is the time we will introduce the concept of Regionals. coque iphone 6 s kawaii It will include the timeframe regionals will be held, starting with 2016. This will allow lifters to start competing in Regionals and will serve as their automatic qualifier for the 2017 Nationals if they take 1-2 in the Open class at Regionals, despite whether or not they hit the qualifying total. 2016 will also help states and meet directors to prepare their 2017 State Meet schedule to align with our new schedule.
Year 2 (2017)
The second year will have the schedule implemented with State meets behind held in the first half of the year and Regional will already be set with the Oct-Nov timeline that was initiated in 2016. Jurys will now be required at all Regional Meets. coque iphone x mariniere
Year 3 (2018)
State and Regional meets will be in place on the schedule. coque caca iphone 7 Additionally, we propose to move Raw Nationals to late Jan/early February of 2018 so that it falls better in line with the State > Regional > National plan. coque hello kitty iphone 8 This will also allow Raw Nationals to be held the same year as its respective Raw Worlds.